Centre for Criminal Justice & Human Rights, School of Law, University College Cork and
Irish Mental Health Lawyers Association
Annual Conference 2017
Mental Health Law, Capacity Law and Deprivation of Liberty
Saturday 8 April 2017
10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, University College Cork
Speakers and chairs include:
• Judge Anselm Eldergill, Court of Protection, England
• Ms Mary Coughlan, Singer
• Mr Niall Nolan, Barrister-at-Law
• Dr Valerie Murphy, Consultant Psychiatrist, Mental Health and Intellectual Disability, Cork
• Ms Joan Doran, Solicitor, Chair, IMHLA
• Ms Mairead Quigley, Solicitor
• Mr Mark Felton, Solicitor
• Mr Keith Walsh, Solicitor
• Dr Darius Whelan, School of Law, University College Cork
Conference Convenors: Dr Darius Whelan, School of Law, UCC and Ms Joan Doran, Solicitor, Chair, Irish Mental Health Lawyers Association
- Conference Fee - €120
- NGOs €50
- Academics - €50
- Devilling barristers and trainee solicitors - €50
- Students – Free
Further Information from Ms Deirdre Kelleher, School of Law, UCC, phone (021) 490 3642, email email@example.com.
Four CPD Hours
CPD points are available for solicitors and barristers.
CPD points for psychiatrists will be applied for; to be confirmed.
To book conference online follow this link: